( Monday, January 31, 2011 )

Bed Pan(ned)

Back in August--in the year of our Lord 2010--I mentioned that I had had my first short story published. Well, 5 months (and a whole 4 posts) later, I wanted to let you (yes, you, the Anonymous Abyss that is the Internet) know that I've had my second short story published, by the fine folks at Mapple Tree Literary Supplement. Considering the caliber of work they publish, I feel like a preschooler whose childish splatters of paint earn a knowing pat on the head and a place on the kitchen fridge. It's an honour. It's also humbling.

The story, "Bed Pan(ned)," is what some might call "Creative Non-Fiction." And by "some," I mean me, and the people who created the catergories for the journal. Others might be inclined to challenge the designation, taking issue with such words & syntax as "Creative" or "Non" or "Fiction" or "-" or "quotation marks." They should direct their concerns to my lawyer. And by "lawyer," I mean God Almighty.

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Ruth said...

Kiki! You are such an amazing writer, wow. You deserve every bit of credit that comes your way. So proud of you!
xo

5:22 PM  
Blogger Georgina Illingworth said...

I read the extract of your book 'Bed Pan(ned)'(is they boy called Ned? just wondering...) and I have to say I really like it. You've written it so well, all the sarcastic methaphors and hyperboles (like the foot long needle)make it a pleasure to read. I'll definately consider getting it.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi!! I love your blog!! I have been searching for something smart, funny, creative, and well written for a long time. Glad to say that I found it in your blog! I look forward to reading your short stories! Woot Woot!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home