( Sunday, February 11, 2007 )

Because I Know You've Been Waiting For It...

It's that time again! "What time is that," you ask? It's time to learn words! Please. Please. Hold your applause and cheering and autograph-seeking until after, thank you very much.

The first word of the day that I would like to share with you is this:

satiety \suh-TY-uh-tee\, noun:

1. The state of being full or gratified to or beyond the point of satisfaction.

It's a fun word to say, too, so it gets my vote for the week's best. And, with luck, it's how you will feel after reading this fantastic post. So don't hold back. Embrace someone close to you. Revel in the discovery of this new addition to your vocabulary.

If you still aren't feeling it, let me provide you with another opportunity, my second favourite:

Pyrrhic victory \PIR-ik\, noun:

1. A victory achieved at great or excessive cost; a ruinous victory.

Go forth, friends, and spread the word(s).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home